Thursday 25 June 2015

30 Days Wild - Day 23 - 23 June 2015



30 Days Wild - Doing something wild everyday


Day 23 - Watching a Pond Skater on my garden wildlife pond

Today after school as I walked home, I stopped and had a look on my pond to see what I could see.  As well as damselfly mating, there were a load of Pond Skater on the pond with one or two close enough for me to take a photo with my I-phone.



Pond Skater on wildlife pond, Compton Martin, Bristol
Photograph taken by and copyright Young Birder Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig




Wildlife pond, Compton Martin, Bristol
Photograph taken by and copyright Young Birder Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig



Wildlife pond, Compton Martin, Bristol
Photograph taken by and copyright Young Birder Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig



Our pond is really beautiful at the moment, with Lilys on the top and it was lovely just to watch it with all the living things in and on it.



About the Writer



Young Birder Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig on Scilly
Photograph taken by and copyright Chris Craig



Mya-Rose Craig is a 12 year old young birder, conservationist, writer and speaker. She is based near Bristol and writes the successful Birdgirl Blog, with posts about birding and conservation from around the world. She is looking forward to going Mountain Gorilla Trekking in East Africa in the summer and watching Penguins in Antarctica in December 2015, which will be her 7th continent. She has recently been listed with the singer songwriter George Ezra and actress Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones as one of Bristol's most influential young people. Please like her Birdgirl Facebook Page and follow her on Birdgirl Twitter



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. Please can you make sure that it is positive and is about me or my blog and not about promoting you or your business. Thanks. Mya-Rose Craig